If you’re the professional who never seems to have enough time read on, as this week on the Htet Tayza blog I reveal five time management tips for the young entrepreneur.
The Life of the Young Entrepreneur
When you’re a successful young entrepreneur working from the ground up to build a lucrative venture, your life seems to fly by. As such, it always feels as though you never have enough time to devote to giving your venture the best chance of succeeding in the modern market place.
There are so many demands on the young entrepreneur’s time, that it often seems you don’t have enough time. Yet in my experience as co-owner of Escape Gastro Bar, I’ve always found that there is enough time, as long as you manage it effectively.
Manage Your Schedule Effectively With Five Tips
Invest your efforts into time management, and you can organise your day to the point where you have all the time you need to build your venture from the ground up. Here are five time management tips any entrepreneur needs to use to manage their schedule effectively…
- Schedule Interruptions: Unexpected tasks crop up all the time. Schedule interruptions when planning your day, so you can ensure that if you’re pulled away from what you’re doing, every task you need to perform will still get done.
- Include Personal Time: Do you know what happens when you burn the wick at both ends? You burn out. If you don’t include personal time in your schedule, you’ll drain yourself of energy. An entrepreneur who drains themselves of energy is an entrepreneur who makes mistakes.
- Take 30 Minutes: Before you do anything, take the first 30 minutes at your desk to plan your day. This allows you to account for any last minute tasks that just can’t be predicted whilst you are planning how to manage your time in the long-term.
- Record Your Day: Are you as productive throughout your day as you possibly can be? No one is, however if you invest in a journal and record your day, you can look back on it, see where you’re wasting time, and cut down said wastage to make yourself more efficient in the workplace.
- Schedule Email Time: This tip is critical. If you devote yourself to answering an email every time it comes in, you’ll never climb to the top of your mountain of work. Instead, schedule time to look at and respond to your emails, so they don’t detract from your focus.
The Dizzy Heights of Successdom
Managing time is difficult for any young entrepreneur looking to build up a venture and turn into a success. Yet you’ll never reach the dizzy heights of successdom if you don’t, which is why every young entrepreneur should strive to manage their time as effectively as possible.